Wednesday, December 21, 2016

December 15th, 2016 - The Plan / Pity Party

I had a visit before this past 15th, but since I stated writing this late, I don't remember exactly every little detail.

The last appointment I had to do 3 things:

1. Molds

2. Jaw alignment

3. Pictures

December 15th,

Well, the consultation went well. A little scary at parts since I didn't understand exactly what they were saying, but I asked questions and now I know exactly what's going to happen.

So here goes...

After they, the 2 dentists, studied my molds and jaw alignment, they finally came up with a game plan.

One day after Christmas, the staff is going to come in on a Friday. Usually a Friday is a day they have off, so they can focus on me. They usually are having to go back and forth between several patients, but they want to take extra precautions since I am most likely going to be under IV from early in the morning to late at night.


Total I have about 10 - 16 teeth that are going to be removed in my upcoming appointment (including my 4 wisdom teeth that are beginning to crown). It was that, or jaw surgery due to my teeth being farther down than they're supposed to be. Which is also causing even some of my healthy teeth to be pulled to avoid jaw surgery. Due to my age (16), the jaw surgery is definitely frowned upon and can cause problems in early-late adulthood. And this is the last time in this blog I will say jaw surgery. :)

I will then take about 2 months to heal. During this time I will be home bound from school due to appearance and pain (I'll most likely be in a lot of pain!).

Then the following dentist appointment will be with the orthodontics. I will get braces put on the teeth I still have intact with my gum, and implants attached to the metal of the braces. That way my teeth shift appropriately to where they need to be.

True story of my dentist,
"A woman had broke off her partial implant. It took 2 weeks after sending it out for the partial to return repaired. When we went to insert the partial, it didn't fit! Any small shift, creates a big difference."

Anyways, the predicted amount of time I will have my braces on to shift my teeth is about 6 months.

I will then return for my final appointment to get the implants inserted into my gums this time, and that'll be it! :)

This is kind of me rambling now, but feel free to read.. lol

Not trying to throw a pity party, but I won't lie. I'm scared to death. I'm depressed. I'm excited. I'm overwhelmed.... Why?

My family is low class. We don't have much money. My father works his butt off 24/7, and every time it looks like we just might have caught grip on some ground, it gives in. And if we're not back to where we started, we're farther down.

But if you ask any of my family members how we are doing, we will say great and we'll mean it, because you can't give up.

I gave up. I gave up after our insurance was a joke. I cried myself to sleep every night from being in pain. Took doses of medication to the point I was buying bottles weekly. I gave up after seeing the expenses of the implants, the surgeries... I gave up so long ago, and within one day. Within one hour, four people changed my life. My mother, my father, and the two dentists.

I have and had so many dreams... When I was younger, I wanted to be a model. Then I wanted to be an actor, but my passion overall was music, and still is. I live and breathe music. Due to my father being a musician, as well as my mother, I grew up with every genre, and every culture.

I remember I used to look at pictures of celebrities, and... just be awestruck by the straight teeth, professionally done makeup, and long beautiful hair that would lay flawlessly on their shoulders.

Society frowns upon uniqueness, and individuality. Society creates an image, and if you are not an exact replica, then you're nothing.

This may sound silly to some, but now. Now that my teeth will be straight. I worry. Having little confidence is all I have ever known. My teeth is the only thing standing in the way of me posting videos and talking in public.. etc. Now that It's being changed, i'm afraid i'll be changed. Change is good, but it can also be bad...

I'm scared... but I'm ready for the pain to be gone and low self esteem to dissipate. I can't believe this is finally happening.

It truly is a dream come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment